Sunday, March 22, 2009

Finally home!

After a long week away from home, it's nice to get a chance to relax before the work week starts. The flight home was alright. I did manage to finish book 3 in the Sookie Stackhouse series. Only 4 more to go in the box set I have. Thank goodness they are short novels. I have a long list of books to read after I finish this series.

As a welcome home, my boyfriend and I had a date night. We went out for dinner at Earl's Restaurant. Yummy! After dinner we headed over to the movie theatre and watched "I Love you, man". Fantastic movie. I haven't laughed in a theatre that hard in a while. Well worth seeing.

We went to the travel agent this afternoon to pick up our tickets for our Mexico vacation. Only a few more weeks until fun in the sun. :D I'm so excited to lay on the beach for a week and not think about anything but what kind of umbrella drink I'll order next. We're hoping to do some scuba diving and snorkling while we're down there.

Conveniently, the vacation falls right around when I am taking a week off between stages in my workout program. It's recommended that I take a week off to give my body a good rest before I shock it into more weights and a first look at interval training. What better way to get a full week of rest than lying on the beach! This vacation is going to be a great big "good for me" for completing Stage 1. It certainly wasn't planned that way, but I'll take it!

As an update on the program, this week will be the start of all my exercises being 3 sets of 10 reps. This will mean I need to push myself harder. Only doing 10 reps will allow me to up my weights that I'm lifting. I think I'll start to see a bigger difference over the next 3 - 4 weeks.
I must remember most importantly that my workout days are also the days I need to focus on getting more protein into my body and get a good nights sleep.

I'm very pleased with the results I'm getting so far. I'm seeing more definition in my arms and abs. My legs are getting stronger and I feel like I have more energy. There are only 2 more weeks until I start a new pole dance class, so I am hoping my arms will be strong enough to allow me to ease myself back into it. I've already noticed I can do a bit more since the last gettogether with my friend.

1 comment:

  1. That's cool you can lay on the beach :) I'm not so gifted. Last time I was in Mexico, we were doing cave surveys and diving almost every day. We took a day off to see some sights.
    Your program sounds like it suits you well. I've had to take time off training due to illness. I have a lingering sinus cold, but the weather is supposed to improve so I'll hopefully be able to do some running/biking this week. Kallum has a trainer that he doesn't use (anyone shocked?) so I could set up in the garage or basement.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!