Saturday, May 16, 2009

Angels & Demons - Reviews

After my episode attempting to dance last night, we thought a movie would be a better option than me injuring myself. I finished reading "Angels & Demons" while on vacation. It was the one book I needed to finish since the movie was coming out right aways. I think reading the book put the movie at a huge disadvantage, like most books do.

I won't do any spoilers, don't worry, although it makes it hard to explain what I'm talking about. The took out some characters that I thought were key. I think they kept the plot the same, and changed how everything happened. There were scenes that I was confused what was going on, until the plot part came in. Then I realized what scene from the book it was. In all honesty, it was VERY loosely based on the book. They kept the main story line, changed the course of actions for audience entertainment value. When the book says the hassassin was one sort of race, and he turned out another, I found that odd. The book was very clear in describing what the guy looked like, and they changed him entirely.

Tom Hanks was great however. He did his role very well. Ewan Mcgregor was also good. Played the part to a tee. All in all, from a movie standpoint, it was very well done, and kept me completely entertained. It had intense parts where you were on the edge of your seat waiting for that next scene to happen.
From a book standpoint, thoroughly disappointed. The movie seemed to refer to a few things that happened in "The Da Vinci Code", which actually didn't happen until AFTER "Angels & Demons" according to the books. Angels & Demons is the pre-quel to The Da Vinci Code.

I do recommend seeing it, whether you've read the book or not. It was a good movie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!