Friday, May 1, 2009

Stage 2 of the New Rules of Lifting for Women

Today I started Stage 2. This will last for 4 - 5 weeks working out 2 - 3 days a week. My week vacation was a nice week off to rest and get ready for a new set of exercises.
For workout A I'm doing the following:
  • Front squat/push press - combination of a squat into a heel raise basically
  • Step ups (oh yeah... again)
  • Dumbbell 1 point Row - this kills my butt from balancing on one foot.
  • Static lunge with rear foot elevated
  • Push ups
  • The Plank - holding for 60 seconds
  • Cable horizontal Wood chop - definately felt this one in my obliques

So I do 2 sets of 10 reps with 75 seconds rest in between. In stage 1, I had 60 seconds between each set. I was thinking 75 seconds would be a long time. That was proved wrong today. 75 seconds for rest is just right, and between some, not enough. I am definately going to like Workout A. I felt like I got a good workout today. I can see that I will have to be upping my weight everytime if I can to push myself a little harder.

I've gotten a little inspiration from a fellow blogger. She just completed her first fitness competition (and placed!). Although I am not pushing myself that far or have that goal, I have follwed her blog through the whole process of preparing for the competition and have a new will to push myself to my limits. Seeing the transformation of someone is very inspiring to see. I know now to get the results I'm looking for, I need to really push myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!