Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm smart like that...

I started Stage 4 of my program on Monday. Upped my weights, pushed myself hard and it felt amazing. And since I felt so amazing even later that evening, I thought I'd try some new pole moves. I'm smart like that. Go big or don't go at all.
On top of this incredible day of working out, I had my last dance class (until september) Tuesday night. I was so sore waking up Tuesday morning, I wasn't sure how the heck I would manage another full hour. Of course, a little advil and lots of water, I'm in class, learning two new moves and giving my end-of-class performance.

Now it's Wednesday, and I feel like someone beat me with a stick. Ha ha! I'm basically sore from the waist up because of all of the upper body workout that I've done over the past two days. Today was supposed to be a workout at the gym, but it just didn't happen. With the lack of sleep I've had in the amount of exercise I've done, my body is just saying no more! I'm happy to be getting a massage tomorrow morning, even if it is for only half an hour.

I'm now officially done my level for dance class. There won't be another level V until September, and that's only if there's enough students to run it. It seems as though people will take level I and level II and many never see them again. For someone who considers themselves a poll addict, I don't understand how people can take two or three levels and then decide they don't like it anymore. At that point, you have trophy bruises of all kinds, and you've put in so much effort it seems silly to quit halfway. I know there's a lot of factors that go into it, so I'm not judging people, I just don't understand it. I hope to be doing this well and my 40s! I even know some women who are 50 and still dancing. this is something I can do for a very long time, and I intend to for as long as my body will allow.

3 comments:

  1. I will be poling till I can't pole no more too hun xxx Hey any pics or vids of you anywhere? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.youtube.com/mcdol3
    Not too many up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand how people can take levels one and two and say "that's enough" Dancing reveals so much of yourself. As you get higher and higher in levels you have to be ready to open up to accept self expression in a true art form.

    In social dancing or lower levels you can get by with saying oh it's just fitness or it's just for fun, but as things get tougher and when it's time to bare your soul, not all people will be ready for that.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!