Friday, July 24, 2009

Listen to your body

Earlier this week I was talking about a lack of motivation. It seems my lack of motivation for doing my weightlifting workout was well-placed.

Two weeks ago, we arrived back from holidays, and I noticed that my right wrist was sore. This is nothing new as I had wrist problems several years ago from using my computer too much. It was a little concerning to me however, because I haven't had that much pain in over a year. I made an appointment with my physiotherapist to have acupuncture done on my neck and shoulders. Usually when my neck is really tight acupuncture helps release it when massage is not doing the trick. Because I haven't been to Physio in over a year, I had a reassessment done. I'm very glad that I did. It turns out, that my right arm has developed the starting stages of tennis elbow. My lack of motivation I guess in a way was telling me something.

So with the current state of my body is in, I have decided to change things up with my workouts. Starting in August, I will be taking a noon hour boot camp class Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have a feeling I will get my butt kicked, but that's the point! That'll last for about six weeks. I have a new goal to get to by September. I would like to increase my flexibility, and if all goes well be able to do the splits. (Not center splits) On top of those two things, I will continue to pole.

I'm very excited about only being at the gym Tuesdays and Thursdays. The way my workouts currently are put me at the gym Monday, Wednesday and Friday. That leaves very few days to actually dance during the week.

So to sum things up, I will take a six-week boot camp class 2 days a week, increase my flexibility through stretching/yoga, and continue to pole.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you've found a program that works with you! Take care of your body, it's the only one you've got :)

    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be nice to concentrate on something other than lifting for a while. Change it up a little and see how my body handles it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bootcamps! Hopefully you have as much fun at yours! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!