Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lost!

I'm completely lost. Since I injured my wrist and am not supposed to lift myself or anything of significant weight with my right hand. That means I can't pole (boo!!!) which is driving me crazy. I can't do much yoga, or at least at my regular class since every class involves more downward dog than I'd like and my arms can handle. I'm supposed to start bootcamp in 2 weeks, but I still haven't signed up. I'm afraid that doing bootcamp will cause me to lose too much weight. I'm the kind of person that needs everything she has. Losing any weight wouldn't be a good thing. I'm quite thin enough and with 12% body fat, there's not much lower I'd want to go without getting into health risks.

My plan this week was to work on my cardio by rollerblading or jogging. I don't do a lot of that other than intervals. It has been POURING for 4 days. We got home monday and it has rained for the majority of every day since. Depressing!! It's also cold. My thermometer says 10 - 13C every morning and it doesn't warm up much past that. So plans for cardio outside are out the window and I just can't bring myself up to the gym to run on a treadmill. Not motivated enough to stair out a window at the gloomy sky.

I also had planned to be working on getting my splits. That hasn't exactly happened. I do stretch, just not to the extent that would get me to my goal. I'm not pushing myself to get off the couch and stretch every night. Laziness has set it while I wallow in self pity.

My eating habits are going down the drain. I guess my mind feels that since I'm not working my body, I don't need to watch what I eat, when in fact it's the exact opposite.

I need something to pull me out of this funk. I thought bootcamp or yoga in the park would do it, but that's not the case. I'm afraid of weight loss with bootcamp and I fear yoga will be too hard on my wrists (at least this particular type of yoga).

Any ideas?? Oh, and I suck at swimming, so please don't suggest that. haha (that comment is for Chowsr)

3 comments:

  1. I was going to suggest a different type of dance class actually. You might be okay with I dunno African Funk or something, Ballroom, Latin, whatever.
    I'd totally forgot about swimming, but only because my brain is MUSH.
    I hope you feel better soon. In the meant time enjoy the down time as your body's way of inspiring you to something maybe a bit different/out of your comfort zone. (God I hope this all makes sense)

    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all makes sense.
    Once winter starts I think G and I were going to look into taking ballroom. haha I figure one more season of watching SYTYCD will do the convincing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite studio is Ballroom and Country. You can call and get a free private lesson to try the studio out, to see if you like it there. It's just off 16 ave and center NE, so a bit far for you guys.
    I'm trying to decide whether to train again, but I always put it off. My trip seems to have inspired a lot of "me" time, so I might decide the pratice is worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!