Sunday, January 31, 2010

7/25: The Hunger Games

:O that's the best emoticon I can make on the keyboard to describe this book.
It is indeed a Young Adult fiction novel, but certainly (for me anyways) on the older side of YA.

The Hunger GamesSet in the future, there are 12 districts surrounding the Capitol that send a boy and a girl to the Hunger Games each year. A fight to the death in an arena. Sounds morbid, and it is, but the story is amazing.
Katniss pulled me in from the beginning. She shows a battle of wills and smarts. I don't want to go into much detail of the book because it's so amazing I couldn't forgive myself if I ruined it for someone.

All I can say is this... My FI disappeared for the two days he read this book. Never have I seen him ignore everything just to finish it. He's done the same thing for the second novel, and I'm sure when the third one comes out (in May), I will not see him for 2 days again.
I disappeared from life for the two days I read the first book. I plan to spend Friday and Saturday reading the second and want to pre-order the 3rd already.

I read this book for the WBC because my fellow Nesties voted for it on my book poll. Thank you so much Nesties!!!! You have officially got me addicted to another series.

5 comments:

  1. I loved this book! I do not know how I am going to wait for the third book! Have you started Catching Fire yet? So so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you liked. So many Nesties love it and I am chicken to read it. LOL.

    Guess it is time to start!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Olivea I haven't started Catching Fire. I have a library book due that I have to read, but this weekend is devoted to CF. :D

    @Ms. Manda You have to read it! It's great. My sister, fiance and I all read it and can't decide who is going to pre-order the 3rd one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked this book!

    My H hates reading but I got him to listen to the audiobook while he was driving to/from work and he'd come home all excited and wanting to talk about where he was and what he thought. Both of us cannot wait until August!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Crystal - I told my FI that I was going to wait until closer to August to read the second one. He said he couldn't let me do that. I have to read it or he'll spoil it for me. He really wants to talk about it I think.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!