Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pole Update

I am now done level 7! I still can't believe how far I've come since the beginning of last year. I am in need of making a montage of pictures and videos of all the things I learned last year. That would be a fantastic keepsake, and really show myself and others what I can do. I forget sometimes all the things I've learned, and go back to the basics.

I will be starting level 8 next week. I'm ecstatic! I'm also realizing that I need to start practicing at home. I 've reached a level now, where I can't easily do things on the first try and actually have to work at it. There are those moves that I can get every time, and they come easy now. For the majority of level 7, I was learning moves that will require a little effort on my part to perfect and easily do. The more you do something, the easier it is. In this case, the less frightened I'll be that I'll need to bail and crash to the floor (this is why I LOVE my crashmat)

This leads me into one of my New Years goals.  I want to become better at pole and improve my skills. I've been focusing on so many things, and never completing any of them. I want to learn so many things in my life, that I can't focus on them all. So, that said, I have two major things to focus on (other than the wedding).

I will take the next 6 months to:
  • Finish the RCIA process (date I should be done is May 19, 2010)
  • Concentrate on practicing pole at home on my own time

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far it's worked. I actually got 3 hours in this past week. My legs are paying for it though. Got some nice bruises. heehee

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!