Monday, February 15, 2010

12/25: Complete Idiots Guide to Puppies

Yes you read that right. I have completely read the entire book and hoping that it helps.
The Complete Idiot's Guide to PuppiesWe are getting our puppy this week (day TBD still). I figure that the best thing my fiance and I can do it prepare ourselves with as much information as possible. Weeding out the useless information where possible.
This book was simple to understand, and easy to learn from. I think I've got a good idea on how to train Beta her basic commands. I feel a little more prepared for our lives to change drastically. There will be tons of triumphs and tribulations and they will blogged on.  The most important thing I learned from this book is that puppies have a very short attention span. 5 - 10 minutes a training session is about all they are able to handle. They need to play, but not too much since their bones and ligaments are still young. They need attention and love. I think we should be able to do all these things.

I will be keeping this book around for a while and not shelving it because I think we will be referring to it often. I realize it's dubbed down, but for a first time puppy owner, it's exactly what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!