Thursday, February 4, 2010

8/25: The Gurnsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

I read this book for the WBC for the task "read a book written in letter form".

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Random House Reader's Circle)It took me a little while to get into this book. There's nothing fancy about it. Nothing that will suck you in and hold you. I enjoyed reading it because it was light and quick. The letters were interesting, and written in a time well before mine, the end of World War II.  I felt like this book was a part of a bigger story, but I was happy with that. There was a little piece of someone's reality that I could share in. The letters back and forth were filled with deep relationships. Most of the relationships were built on a single letter that turned into something great.

If you're looking for a quick read, I would recommend this one. It's funny, heartwarming and easy to get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!