Friday, March 19, 2010

Faithful Friday: Candle Decorating

I hadn't really thought about my plan to decorate my confirmation candle would occur on the same day that I said I would blog about my faith. Coincidence? or meant to be?

Tonight I am having my sponsor come over for dinner. It's been long overdue. Since we are still in the season of lent, we are having a simple dinner of Potatoes, Carrots and Salmon. Once we finish dinner, we'll start work on my candle. Jesus referred to himself as "Light of the World" (John 8:12). Although they have not fully explained the meaning of the candle to us, I am very excited to have it lit to represent me reaching this point in my journey and becoming closer to Jesus.

I went to Michaels and bought a bunch of scrapbooking stickers. I couldn't think of anything else on limited time to get. On top of the stickers, my sponsor had the idea of etching into the candle certain meaningful symbols. Once they are etched in, we will melt another candle into the grooves. What a brilliant idea!
It should be a fun arts&crafts session. I'm not very crafty, so it will be interesting.

I'm very excited to spend some time with my sponsor and have her share in the creation of something to meaningful for me. I will post pics next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!