Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Therapy Tuesday: On the Pole

Best class in a while!
One of the girls from the class right before mine asked to see a shoulder mount. "C" didn't want to do it, so I showed her. While I was there, I decided I'd try rolling it up into a basic invert again. Every time I've done this in the past, I've bashed my collarbone on the pole and end up with a wicked bruise. (It unfortunately looks like a hickey, so thank goodness it's still winter...) I thought about what I had to do to NOT hit the bone and it worked! I hooked my legs first and then sort of bounced my shoulder off to be facing the pole again. Hooray for a success and before class even began!

Our class was focused on getting a lazy-one-up into an extended butterfly. Before class I was unable to do the extended butterfly. During class I just did it and realized I was over-thinking it's difficulty.

I love that there is success. They may be few and far between, but all the trials get you there. All the falls and bumps and bruises are toughening the skin, making me learn what I shouldn't do and teaching me how to do something properly. Everyone's body is different and we all do moves differently. It's finding what works for yourself that matters.

Oh life lessons from a 2" piece of steel ;)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing me - it was awesome to see it somewhere other than a youtube video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I'm glad I can put a face to the name now :)
    It's funny how I made it look easy. I've been struggling with that one for a few weeks now.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!