Thursday, April 29, 2010

22/25: Diary of a Mad Bride

Diary of a Mad BrideDiary of a Mad Bride was interesting and scary all at the same time. I am planning a wedding myself and at the beginning of the book I kept saying 'I've said that', 'I've done that'. This was definitely good to read early in the planning process. I know there will be certain things I will try to avoid.
Amy is an interesting character. She goes from anti-wedding chick to "the bride". I feel for her and her struggle between her job, her wedding, her fiancé, and their families.
It was nice to see however, that even if a lot went wrong, everything turned out in the end and she realized that even though it was 'the biggest day of her life', she ends up realizing it's only one day out of the rest of their lives.

Things I learned:
  1. Involve your fiancé. He does actually have an opinion and does care.
  2. Everything won't go right, and that's ok.
  3. Ask for help! You can't do it alone.
I hope that I don't turn into 'one of THOSE brides'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!