Friday, May 14, 2010

Faithful Friday: Neophyte Mass

This past Wednesday was my last RCIA class. We made bread. I could have done without going. I learned nothing whatsoever. We actually sat at the back of the classroom and talked in a small group or played on our blackberries or iPhones. Even though I could have not gone and been perfectly content, I liked being with people that are so welcoming and just hanging out and talking. The only thing that could have made it better would have been a Starbucks.

Next Wednesday is the Neophyte Mass. This is a mass specifically for those who are newly converted to the Catholic faith. As part of this Mass, each one of us new Catholics will have some part. I will be reading the Responsorial Psalm. I am excited to be a part of the Mass. I think it will be good to be a part of it rather than just observe it from the pews.

I'm excited and sad at the same time. My 'family' that night will be those that I converted with, and my sponsor. No one from my blood family will be there. It's times like these that I really miss Frenchie. It's something small, but meaningful and I have no one to share it with that is of direct relation. I am thankful for my friends from RCIA that will be there, it's just sad that they will all have their families and I won't.

Somedays, I feel like my faith has pushed me away from my family. I feel like since I am a Catholic, I have this separate life that I need to nurture on my own.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you all the best on your path. Walking your own way is never easy, but Catholics are still people not a separate life form. Your family loves you no matter what and that's the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!