Friday, May 7, 2010

Faithful Friday: Opening Prayer

On Wednesday at my RCIA class I volunteered to give the opening prayer for our group.
I'm not a great public speaker, but I am a firm believer that if you make yourself do it, you'll get over the anxiety. What better place to speak than with loving welcoming people!
I prepared myself by writing a prayer. I thought I would share it with you. It's very specific to the RCIA, but I was thanked twice by Sister Pauline for how thoughtful it was and how I included everyone.

sign of the cross. Amen.

Dear Lord,
For those of in the RCIA, grant perseverence, wisdom and your love.
For those new Catholics, grant a stronger faith, wisdom and your love.
For the sponsors and catechists, grant encouragement, patience and your love.
We ask for these gifts through the words you taught us:

(Lord's Prayer)
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed by Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For the Kindom, the power and the glory are yours, now and for ever. Amen

Saint Patrick. Pray for us

sign of the cross. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!