Saturday, May 22, 2010

Movie Review (8): Robin Hood

I wish I hadn't used a free ticket to see this one. The free ticket would have been better spent on a movie worth seeing. If you're a Robin Hood fan, I would suggest renting it just to see it.

Here's why I didn't like it:
The battle scenes weren't up to Ridley Scott's amazing talent. They were short and sad and disappointing.
The plot was lacking for me. There was a couple of different plot lines they could have taken, sadly, none of them were executed thoroughly enough for me to enjoy. the thing to remember about this movie is that it happens before Robin Hood is who we know him. There was only one stealing from the rich, giving to the poor incident, which was what Robin Hood stood for. This movie is more how he became Robin Hood, and I find it hard to believe that's how it came to be.

What I did like:
Russell Crowe did a good job. Cate Blanchet did great. Friar Tuck was a great character as always, and Robin's band of merry men caused laughs throughout the theatre. Little John was a great character and fit to what I remember in the past movies. Will Scarlett was great as well.

If you're a Robin Hood fan from the past, rent the movie. It's worth seeing just because it's Robin Hood, but not worth the money it costs to see on the big screen.

3 comments:

  1. Using free passes on bad movies is better than paying. Because it's always like "hmmmm... at least it was free" I'm way more angry if spend money to watch a crappy show.

    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you're right Chowsr. I use it as a gage. When I wish I hadn't used a free ticket, that's saying something lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay... I'll be skipping that one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!