Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Therapy Tuesday: Prolotherapy and Pole

Prolotherapy
I don't have a lot to say about prolotherapy today. My next treatment isn't until this Friday. I am starting to go every two weeks from now until I'm done.
This will be the second week after a treatment. My wrist is fairly sore this week already. It's Tuesday and my wrist is in it's brace again. I wish I could take advil to bring the inflammation down, but that would defeat the purpose of the treatments. I hate having pain and still having to function at work.
I've had a lot of people asking me about the process. Mostly people from work or from dance classes. If you're interested and missed the original post, go here.

Pole
Assisting was great again this week. I'm so excited to be doing it still. I love seeing the students faces when the instructor shows the move they'll learn. Mostly it's one of "are you kidding me?", "There's no way that's happening" or "that looks like it hurts." I also love the aftermath of when they get the move. The jumping up and down, the clapping for each other, the scream of joy/pain (muhahaha). They were learning how to do the Reverse Superman. It's very similar to the plank, but with a different bottom hand position and you are releasing your top hand. There's more to it than that, but it's a start.

As for my own class, I worked on the cartwheel again. I now know what the issue is with me getting my foot up. I was having problems with my hands: only one on the pole until you actually do a cartwheel motion. Problems with my legs: the leading leg should be straight. Problems with my head: I should not be looking at where my feet are going.
On top of working at that one move for over 30 minutes, we moved on to the Teddy. I got it!!! It's not the most appealing move (at least from my point of view) but it's a skill to hold yourself up with your armpit.
Here's a few pics from me in class. If you look in the mirror you can see how I'm holding on. I dislike how this move looks from the front, so I won't be posting a pic of that direction.

2 comments:

  1. Every Tuesday when I read these I want to hop on a pole. I wish there was more opportunity to do it here. It is one of my goal though, so I'm sure it will happen soon.:)

    That looks like such a tough move, it's awesome. Congrats on getting it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Manda, there are a few studios in Utah. go to www.wikipole.org to find one!

    My bicep is killing me this morning. I can't lay on that side of my body and squish it against my side.haha

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!