Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wedding Wednesday: Taking Care

I was on The Knot this weekend looking at the checklist they have on there.
I realized mine said "1 overdue item". I hate seeing that word "overdue" so I looked at what it was.
"Start taking care of your body in preparation for the big day. Get a workout routine and a diet started. Join a gym or find a personal trainer to help you."
Oooohhh... right. I should probably start doing that...
I was able to check it off because I've started working out again. Sort of. I'm not going back to lifting weights just yet. I'm still terrified of hurting my wrist and undoing all the good my prolotherapy is doing. Instead, I've started taking Zumba classes.They brought an instructor into the gym at work so i signed up. What a blast! The first class I felt like a smoker (sorry if I offend, I've lost a lot of people to the habit) because I could hardly breathe and I was wheezing by the end. I am NOT a cardio person. As my coworker says: "I'll only run if someone is chasing me with a very large knife."
The second class went much better. I felt great and I swear I was the only one smiling in the class. It's so much fun, and an amazing workout at the same time. It was great to go and have fun and not care what I look like. (Which, btw, I think I look like an awkward chicken). I know for sure it's a workout because my butt muscles hurt for a few days after.

I have yet to work on the diet part of getting prepared. I tend to eat what I want, when I want and it usually works out, as long as I'm active. I have a very high metabolism and burn through calories just thinking. (It's a blessing and a curse. I'm hypoglycemic with makes life difficult.)
Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to be trying very hard to start brining my own lunch to work and adding healthier foods to my diet. I was great at eating healthy when I worked out every other day and was focused on building muscle. Now I'm just focusing on being happy, and eating delicious food does that for me.

4 comments:

  1. I love Zumba. It's my fave, I wish I could take more classes. :) Soon though soon.

    PS Love your tat. I heart astrology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Zumba! I love that class too! IT is so much fun, and I definitely concur with the awkward chicken part, haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since when did Pole stop counting as a muscle building workout? And it's cardio too. Dance to 3 high beat songs in a row and you'll be sweating and huffing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Psych - in comparrison to weight lifting like I used to do, pole doesn't compare. My classes don't involve the dancing part anymore so its not a huge workout. My muscles get sore, but to the extent of weights

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!