Sunday, June 13, 2010

29/30: Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty

Sloppy Firsts: A Jessica Darling Novel
Sloppy Firsts: A Jessica Darling Novel was a stroll down memory lane for me. I completely identified with Jessica on most things. The thoughts she had, the things she said and the situations she was in were hilarious. I was laughing so hard at some points I cried. As soon as I started reading it and got about 40 pages read, I emailed my friend from high school and told her she had to read it. The characters were very believable and nothing was over the top. I found myself comparing the characters to those people I went to school with.

I would say that Jessica's character was easy for me to identify with. While I wasn't an athlete, I was definitely a smart kid and found it hard to cope with the constant backstabbing and grouping everyone found themselves put into. Jessica was with The Clueless Crew not by choice but by necessity. What other group could she belong to? Hope, her friend who moved away, was her only true friend she thought she had.  We often miss those people that are right in front of us because we've labelled them and can see past that label.

I've recommended this book to all my girlfriends. It's a must read for those that survived the grueling halls of high school.

I can't wait to read the rest of the Jessica Darling series!

Check out the rest of the series! There are 5 books in total.


Second Helpings: A Jessica Darling NovelCharmed Thirds: A Jessica Darling NovelFourth Comings: A Jessica Darling NovelPerfect Fifths: A Jessica Darling Novel (Jessica Darling Novels (Three Rivers))

2 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it! I think the first was actually my favorite of the series, but a lot of people love the Fifth. Enjoy the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the second one on hold at the library. Just waiting for it to come in.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!