Friday, June 18, 2010

31/50: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella (Twilight Saga)The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner is basically a short story of the character you probably forgot even existed in the third book of the Twilight series: Eclipse. When I saw this book come out the first question in my head was "who the heck is Bree Tanner?"After having her explained to me, (I won't explain as it spoils part of Eclipse) I vaguely remembered her being a very small part in the novel. That being said, her character was very interesting.

This novella is the story of Bree from a few months after she is made vampire leading up to her final death. As a new vampire she find out things about her kind throughout the book that were previously hidden from her on purpose. Breed was created as part of an army that was to attack the Cullen family.

I'm not really sure what else to say about this book. It was very short, but it did show a different perspective to a large event that happened in Eclipse. It was very interesting to see how things were orchestrated from the other side. How these new born vampires were convinced that the Cullens were evil and needed to be destroyed.

I felt this story could have been far more in-depth, and taken a lot further. One thing that did confuse me and still bothers me, is that Bree referred to one of the Cullens as "the red-haired one". When you look at who she was referring to, the dialogue pointed to Edward. Since when did Edward Cullen have red hair??

For those that read the Twilight series, I suggest reading this one, so you get to see the other side of Eclipse in brief form. It was entertaining, a quick read, but I would try and borrow it rather than buy it. I'm happy to say I didn't spend $10 on this book and would have been a little upset if I had.

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely going to read it online. Glad to hear it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!