Thursday, June 24, 2010

32/50: As In Eden

I received this book through a book tour that was occuring on my online book club.
I am so thankful I had the opportunity to read it and share some of my thoughts.

As in EdenAs in Eden tells the Bible stories of Adam & Eve, Lot, Lazarus, Abraham, and Pilate from the point of view of the women who were there. We see Eve living with her choice and being cast out of Eden. The birth of Cain and Abel and how their lives intertwined.

I really enjoyed the story of Martha, Lazarus' sister. Her story is used to teach us about hospitality. No one ever stops to think about how much she missed out on, and what a struggle she found it to do her duty. Care for her brother and younger sister and get little in return.

Seeing each of these story's from the woman's view was comforting. It was refreshing to see a story from the Bible told differently, but keeping the same facts. It focused more on the subplots of the story rather than the event itself in some cases.

I feel the women are so often overlooked that we miss out on how truly important they are. What role they play in order for events to occur. They were placed on a pedastool in this book and it was well deserved and well written.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!