Thursday, July 29, 2010

38/50: Sister's Red - Jackson Pearce

Sisters RedSisters Red by Jackson Pearce

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this book because a lot of my Nest Book Club friends read it. I als found a review on YA Book Shelf that made we want to go out and read it right away.




This book was a new take on Little Red Riding Hood. I love all three main characters.

I really identified with Rosie being the youngest sister and being bound to her family. She thought her hopes and dreams would never amount to anything because of this bond and that she owes her life to her sister, Scarlett.

Scarlett has courage but deep down I believed she was scared. She didn't want to lose her sister to anything or anyone. She holds on so tightely to Rosie that it really is holding Rosie back. Scarlett thinks she is unlovable, but she has so muc love in her she doesn't even see it. I enjoyed seeing her develop and learn about herself. Her life becomes her choice instead of her duty. Something she struggles with immensely.

Silas has a good heart. He tries so hard to make both Scarlett and Rosie see there is more to their lives than hunting. His chemistry with each of the girls is dynamic in its own way.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was one of those ones I couldn't put down near the end and had to stay up late to finish.

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

  1. glad you liked it! I read this book earlier this month, too. I thought it was a really interesting take on Little Red Riding Hood.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!