Friday, August 27, 2010

Fitness Friday: Cto5K fail; Pole success

I have failed miserably at the Couch to 5K this week. I did no running whatsoever. I'm hoping this weekend I can get one or two in. It's been so incredibly hot this week, I can't fathom taking Beta out, or myself in the heat. That's no fun for either of us and likely to give one or both of us heat exhaustion.

On a good note, I have decided that I need to get my butt in gear with pole class. I've been at a stand still for a while working on moves and decided it's not working for me anymore. It's time to do a routine instead. There is the Taboo Naughty but Nice Trade Show coming in November and Polejunkies always sets up a booth for advertising. Part of that means that we will be doing performances on the main stage to attract more interest. I have been on stage since I was a kid in dance, so I love this. It's not ballet or jazz anymore, but it's still a performance and I love the rush. (We wear Polejunkies tanks and shorts if you're wondering, and yes, it completely covers us)

I figure I will probably do 2 - 3 routines, so it's time to focus. At least one of those will be a duet with my teaching partner and friend, so we have a lot of work to do. For my solo however, I've chosen to do one to Spacelord by Monster Magnet. It has an awesome beat and the way the music flows, there's definite places to pull off tricks and other places to dance. After Tuesday nights class, I have the beginning segment complete. Still needs some tweaking and some practice, but it's on its way! I'd say at the end of my next 6 week session, I will have it complete and rehearsed, on the way to a second routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!