Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Therapy Tuesday: Prolotherapy #8

I went for my last prolotherapy session.... EVER. (according to the doc)

He did the normal test he always does on the ligaments and there was zero pain. He sent me on my way saying I did not need treatment #8. ::HAPPY DANCE::
If by chance I do feel some pain along the way, I am to go back. Doc said sometimes there is a slight regression, but he thinks I should be ok.
Where do I go from here? Strengthening exercises. Over the past 5 years, my forearm muscle in my right arm has atrophied.  I've lost a lot of strength and the ligaments picked up the slack. Pole certainly helps strength a little, but I need to start doing a little bit at a time to focus on that particular muscle. First up? Taking a 2 - 3 lb weight and doing wrist flexion and extensions. Nothing too drastic, but it's a start.

I'm so happy that I finally found a solution rather than a temporary fix. I can't believe it only took 7 treatments. Who new injections into a ligament could help 5 years of chronic pain in a matter of 4.5 months.

I would suggest to anyone to check out this type of treatment if you have ligament issues. It's incredible.
Please read through my journey below and make a decision for yourself. This treatment is relatively new to the medical community, so be sure to do some research when finding someone.

Naturopath - prolotherapy
Treatment #1
Treatment #2
Treatment #3
Treatment #4
Treatment #5
Treatment 6 & 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!