Sunday, October 31, 2010

47/50: Packing for Mars by Mary Roach

Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the VoidPacking for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void by Mary Roach


My rating: 2 of 5 stars




I believe I ruined all other Mary Roach books for myself by reading her book Bonk first. It was over the top funny and witty. Something I feel the rest of her books fail to provide to the same extent. Packing for Mars seemed like it would be incredibly interesting.

Researching space would be fun and interesting. This book didn't get that acrossed to me. I can't say that I laughed at all with this one. Not even a chuckle. However, I did learn some interesting tidbits, and I suppose that's the entire purpose of this book. It started off good but faded quickly. I found myself skimming through the second half of the books just so I could finish it.

Read Roach's other books
Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and SexStiff: The Curious Lives of Human CadaversSpook: Science Tackles the Afterlife

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. It really helps to have humor mixed in with the learning. I love it when a book gets that mix right. Guess I'll skip this one.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!