Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Compliments

I ran into some old coworkers and it spurred me to write this post.


Some of the best compliments someone can receive aren’t the ones saying how beautiful you are, how nice your clothes look, how thin your look, or even how nice you are. For me, they are the ones that mean more than that and reach something inside of you.

I have received the same compliment from several past coworkers on different occasions, my close friends and my family. This particular compliment means so much to me because it truly shows how good my life has turned out to be since I got laid off. How what I though was a bad thing turned out to be just what I needed. I attribute this to God looking out for me. My favorite quote is:

God doesn’t give you anything you can’t handle.
I’m a firm believer that if you can’t handle something, He will figure out a way to get you out of it as long as you let Him.

As my readers, you’ve seen my Tuesday Therapy posts and read just how stressed out I was a few long months ago. Over the past 2 weeks, I have received this compliment from several people:

You look relaxed. You look happy.
Those words touched me. They reached me because that is not something people say to me. It means that my mental well-being has done a 180° and it’s noticeable from the outside. It means I’m not just feeling this way, I’m projecting it as well. Remember when I was using Rescue Remedy to help me work through my panic attacks? I still carry it with me, but I’m sure it will expire before I have to use it again. (Knocks on wood)

I thank God that I have come so far, and I do truly believe He is a big reason I’ve changed in the past 3 months.

2 comments:

  1. I teared up a little bit.

    I'm so glad things are looking up for you. And those are truly the best compliments!!!

    (PS I've been taking b12 daily and it's helped with my panic attacks and more. So thank you for helping me.)

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!