Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fitness Friday: Taboo Recap

As I posted last Friday, I was off for the weekend to do some performances for PoleJunkies at the Taboo show.

Friday night I performed my solo routine. I chose “Spacelord” by Monster Magnet. Part of this has to do with the fact that I love the song, and partly because it’s easy to dance to. A little bit had to do with my doubles partner. Cruella Steele is a metal fan, so in order for her to help or watch my routine at all, it couldn’t be bubbly. So Cruella, here’s to you, a song you actually approve of.


Saturday I had two performances. At 5pm, Cruella and I performed our doubles routine to “Bad Things” by Jace Everett. We’re both huge True Blood fans, so we thought this fit the bill. We’ve read all the books, and enjoy the show. (Btw, we are both huge book nerds.) At 10pm I was supposed to perform my solo again, but because of the crowds that were watching, we felt it would be better to do our doubles routine again. Doubles routines aren’t something that a lot of pole studios do. They are unique, and between PoleJunkies and the other pole studio in town, we are the only ones that do them.

Here is a video of the first performance we did. I wanted to post the second performance later in the evening, but I haven't been able to find the video.


Working at the booth was an absolute blast. We have people of ever age, size and gender approach to ask about our studio. (Yes we do teach men’s classes. They are called Vertical Fitness and focus on the strength aspects of pole.) We had a stage set up at our booth and to grab attention of the crowds wandering, we do small bits of performances and try moves. We show examples of what people learn in their first level of classes. Then we show them what they can work towards.

It was a very successful weekend. I’m already thinking of more songs to put routines with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!