Friday, November 5, 2010

Fitness Friday: They Survived!!!

I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!
I was let loose. Off the leash. On my own.
You get the picture. 

Wednesday nights I assist-teach pole classes. My basic job is to see what the instructor doesn't. This week I was given my own class to teach for 4 weeks. There are 7 students for me. to mold and shape into polejunkies. I was so incredibly nervous. Not the 'butterflies in the stomach' type of nervous, but the 'knots in the stomach' type nervous. I was very afraid I was going to screw up and either make an idiot of myself, or worse, end up with someone hurting themselves.

I stood at the front of the class and was confident, comfortable and managed to run my very first class (on my own) successfully. All the students left saying they had fun, they had a good workout and that they couldn't wait until next week. I had one tell me she'd be cursing my name the next day since she had such a good arm workout.

The second class I taught has been running for 2 weeks already so they sort of know the drill and they know who I am. We ran through the routine, practiced a few of the moves and then moved on. They got the new stuff fairly quickly. We ran through the entire routine with the new additions and I was so proud of them! We even got further along that was originally planned! There was even one student at the end of class who wanted to sign up for our Pole Fluff class. (This basically adds the flair to dance. The head flips, the stroking your leg... the sexier side that we don't usually teach in class)

After all the fuss before I left the house about how nervous I was and how I was so scared of screwing up, things turned out really well. I got home and told Frenchie it was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!