Saturday, November 13, 2010

Movie Review (23): Legion

Frenchie and I have been recording movies on our PVR. There has been a lot lately, so stay tuned for several Movie Reviews.

Starring: Paul Bettany, Dennis Quaid, Lucas Black, Tyrese Gibson

I’m a big fan of angels, religious movies and good & evil. I’m also a fan of Paul Bettany ever since I saw A Knight’s Tale way back when. What I’m not a fan of is this movie. Frenchie didn’t want it on the PVR, but I recorded it anyways. I’m a sucker for these kinds of shows. The rating on our cable box was 1/3 stars. (Don’t even get me started on their rating system. 3 stars? How can you rate out of 3?) We figured it would be a crappy movie, so there was no delusions going in. Bettany played Michael, the Archangel. He was sent on a mission to prevent the birth of a child who would save mankind. Apparently God got fed up with us and decided to extinguish the human race. Michael decides God is wrong and can’t possibly want to destroy His creation, so he sets out to protect this unborn child.

Chaos ensues with the angel army comes in waves to this little diner in the middle of nowhere to take the mother and child. Other than the predictability of the story, I did enjoy some of the fight scenes. I rather enjoyed when Gabriel (another Archangel) shows up. His fight scene was pretty awesome, and I love that his wings were sharp as a sword.

I was disappointed in Dennis Quaid. What happened to him as an actor? I seem to remember him being wholesome and a great actor. Clearly the mighty have fallen. His acting was horrible.

As much as I gave this movie a bad review, and won’t recommend it, I did watch the entire thing and have to say that I’m a still a sucker for angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!