Wednesday, December 8, 2010

52/50: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Book 2)Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


After reading the first book in the series, I wasn't sure I was going to keep reading. I moved on to a bunch of other books from the library and kept having this nagging voice in my head. "What happens to Harry next?". I think my bookshelf was talking to me. I reached a point where there were no library books in my queue and this book was screaming at me.

I liked the story in this one better than the first. I'm assuming that book 1 was more of an introduction to the world of wizardry, so it was nice to have this book just dive right in. Again, I had seen the movie when it first came out and while most of the book was familiar, there were parts I couldn't remember. (The ending still surprised me so that was awesome. thanks memory!)
Harry seems to be growing up a little bit and I love that he's learning more about himself. I love learning about him as well. I'm completely loving all the amazing wizardry things they encounter like it's an every day thing. It's amazing! J.K. Rowling has a truly amazing imaginiation and I'm so glad my mind can dive into it.
There's not much else for me to say about this one. I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. The next is where it starts to get really good (one definitely one of my favoes of the series). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!