Thursday, December 30, 2010

ChicFitGeek 2010: A year in Review

Here is a quick review of the year I had. Not everything is included, but these are the profound ones that keep popping up first and foremost.

1. I found a love for reading again. I found the Nest Book club right before the new year last year and fell right in. I started doing the Winter Book Challenge this year and it spurred me on to read. With Gilles gone (see #3) I had plenty of time to read and it became a safe haven I could escape to. I have found some amazing people on NBC and hope to stick around the forum for a long time.


2. My father had a heart attack. He’s in better shape and healthier than ever today.

3. We adopted Beta. It was hard having her on my own (see #3) for the first while. She’s become such an integral part of our life I can’t imagine it without her.

4. Gilles left for Fort MacMurray for work. It was supposed to be 3 months. 10 days on, 4 days off. It turned into 6 very long months. All this while, I developed anxiety attacks, was super stressed out and was heading towards depression in a real hurry.

5. One of my besties got married! I got to stand up for her at her wedding and it was beautiful.

6. Gilles got a new job, I got laid off. All within two days of each other. It was a whirlwind and I thought the worst had happened. It may have been the worst, but turned out for the best in the end!

7. I spent the summer taking courses, figuring out how to find a job and brushing up the resume. I took up running with Beta to expend her energy. I spent some extra time with my sister and nieces. Went to my oldest nieces first dance recital (she’s 3.5 years old).

8. We bought a new vehicle. A 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe. What a great purchase!!

9. The wedding planning really began. All our vendors are booked, Save-the-dates went out, and bridesmaid dresses are ordered. I bought my dress and got it!!!

10. The year ended on a good note despite all the crap that happened this year. There are always going to be good and bad things that happen. There’s nothing we can do about them, but let them happen and accept it and learn from it. This year was rough. We went through a lot of changes in a short period of time. It took a toll on all my relationships, my health, my sanity and my love for things. I anticipate that this year will improve and I’ll get back to where I want to be: In love with life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!