Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 3 & 4: First Love and My Parents

I figured I'd group these two days together since one is sad for me, and one is a beacon of light in my life.

Day 3: Your first Love


Wow. Way to start with the hard ones 30 Days. Well, let’s be honest then.

First love. My best friend in college. He was definitely the first person I truly fell in love with. We dated once, decided it was a bad idea and were pretty much inseparable during the first 3 years of university. It still pains me to this day that we started losing touch in the 4th year. Our lives took different paths and they’ve never crossed each other again.

Day 4: My Parents


I love my parents!!

My mom was a stay at home mom and I thank her every day for that. She had me at a late age and she has always said I keep her young. She was always there for the dance practices, recitals, piano, band, sleepovers, and continual trips to the movie theatre. Anytime I need her, she is there. She was also the person that I avoided when asking for or to do something I knew was most likely out of the question.

My dad worked hard and kept us girls clothed, fed and supplied with hugs. We always asked him first for the things we knew mom would say no to. Answer: “Go ask your mother”. He taught me how to shoot a rifle. How to ride a horse. How to drive a standard transmission vehicle (which is one of the most useful skills I have). He taught me how to mend a barbed-wire fence. (We lived on a farm for my entire childhood.) I learned how to work hard and strive to be better. He taught me the most valuable lesson in life: It’s short and you never know when something will happen. He had a heart attack early this year and I am forever grateful he is still here every day for me to tell him I love him.

My parents are great. They are always there to listen, to give advice (wanted or not) and to show how much they love me, my sisters, my brother-in-laws and their granddaughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!