Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 7: Favorite movies

The title for today implies more than one movie. I thought I would split my favorite movies out by category since it would be much easier. These are just the ones off the top of my head. I'm sure if you ask me this same question next week it would be different in some cases. Some categories need more than one movie.
(all links are to imdb)

Favorite RomanceThe Notebook

Favorite Romantic Comedy
– Off all time: French Kiss; Right now today, I’m loving The Ugly Truth. I watch it every time it’s on TV. Not only does it have Gerard Butler in it… Ok let’s face it, that’s the only reason I watch it. But you have to admit, it is pretty funny.

Favorite Sci-FiStar Trek. The newest one. I own it, but I seem to watch it every time it comes on TV.

Favorite HorrorInterview with the Vampire or The Shining.

Favorite Action – I honestly can’t think of my favorite for this category. There are SO many action movies because that's what I watch most of.

Favorite Christmas MovieLove Actually

Favorite Musical
The Sound of Music. Hard to go wrong with this one.

Fvaorite ComedyRole Models or I Love You, Man or Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Favorite History
Braveheart or Gone With The Wind

Favorite Cartoon
Beauty and the Beast.

Favorite WarApocalypse Now

Favorite Coming-of-Age - Empire Records or Dazed and Confused

Favorite Religious Type - Stigmata or Constantine

Favorite Movie Based on a BookThe Princess Bride

Favorite Movie based on Graphic Novel
300

Favorite Movie based on a video game
Resident Evil. I couldn’t play the game because I would get scared and drop the darn controller, but I did love watching someone else play it. Therefore, I drag my fiancĂ© to every installment in the series. I may or may not have a girl crush on Mila Jovavich.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE French Kiss! Kevin Kline is so awesome in that movie and I love all the beautiful French countryside scenery!

    I can't believe you like The Shining! Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every movie on your list. :) I have them all, and even watch them on TV, which is odd because you have to deal with commercials. One of life's mysteries.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!