Thursday, January 20, 2011

4/50: My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler

My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands [Paperback]My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler
My rating: 2 of 5 stars








Getting through this book was excrutiating. It started off really funny and I thought this was going to be a great book. Something funny, racey and a big change from the last two books I just read. After the 3rd or 4th sexual escapade I started to not think it was funny anymore, but sad more than anything. At this point, I started to realize just how awful the writing was. I can't say a whole lot about it. I knew what the book was about, I just thought I would laugh more than I did.

I will give kudos to Chelsea Handler for writing the book and laying it all out there. Her personality and the way she was so blunt about things was refreshing. If you're going to read a memoir, this is the way to do it. Let it all out and don't pull any punches.

Winter Book Challenge 2011: 10 points - read a book about sex
EBook Challenge 2011 : 2/12

View all my reviews

4 comments:

  1. I've thought of reading her book....but I'm not all too fond of memoirs. I did adore Jenny McCathy's though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first half of the book and loved it. Her other books are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chelsea - It was funny to start, then it just got to be the same mistakes over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an ambivalence towards Chelsea Handler that makes me hesitate to read her book but so many people have told me how funny she is, I might have to give at least one a chance.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!