Friday, January 14, 2011

2/50: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French KissAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars








I wanted to hug this book when I was done. In fact, I actually did. I had happy tears from the "I'm so happy I'm going to well up and cry" feeling.
I had a few people after discussing it say it's like a warm, cozy blanket you want to wrap yourself in. That's a perfect description.

Thank you Stephanie Perkins for writing this amazing book.

I felt like I was re-living parts of my life while reading this. I've never been to Paris, but I felt like I was there the way Perkins described everything. Aside from Paris, I swear that every young girl has to have gone through something similar to Anna. Girl likes boy, boy has girlfriend, boy likes girl. Girl gets confused from mixed signals. Girl does something stupid, boy does something stupid. Have we not all been in some complicated relationship/friendship? It may not have been high school, but at some point. I know I have!
The characters are perfect. Or as my friend says, perfectly imperfect. Anna and her friends are real. The way they think, the way they express themselves. It's believable. I did get annoyed at the back and forth and the fighting between friends, but it was all part of it. Without those things, it wouldn't have seemed real.

I LOVE St. Clair! He's amazing. He's so sweet and caring and everything a boy should be (at that age).

If you need a fun, cozy book, I highly recommend this one. I had heard such good things about it I bought it with a gift card from Christmas. I'm so glad I did!

WBC: 5 Points - Fun, Frothy book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!