Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Mechanic (1 of 2011)


Last year I decided to add movie reviews to my blog. Sadly, I watched too many at home and went to the theatre a lot that I failed to review them all. This year I've decided to do just those that I see in the theatre. We go often enough that I will probably have one a month at least. If there is a movie we rent or watch from cable and I feel strongly about it, I may add that to the reviews as well.
On to the review:

The Mechanic
The MechanicActors: Jason Statham, Ben Foster, Donald Sutherland, Tony Goldwyn
Rating: R

Let's start by saying that any show with Jason Statham is worth going to see. I'm biased, what can I say. Any show with him removing an article of clothing is worth seeing. (first 10 minutes of this movie people.)

I'm a huge action flick fan. The Mechanic had all that and more. There was guns, explosions, a nice car and hand-to-hand combat. There were several scenes where Frenchie and I looked at each and other and said "oh damn!". Sure there are plot holes, it's an action movie, not a drama. There were some twists and I'm sure if you really thought about them, you'd see them coming, but again, action movie... there for entertainment purposes, not thought.

I would recommend this one to Statham fans and action fans. It's good, it's fun, it's quick and dirty in all the right ways.

1 comment:

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!