Friday, February 25, 2011

Fitness Friday: How do you feel about No Shows?

I love teaching. It's fun, it's fun and... it's fun! (and three hours of pole is a hell of a workout)
As I've mentioned before I have been teaching our Intro classes on one night of the week. It's a blast! The session for the past 4 weeks brought me some newbies who were thrilled to try something new. My first two classes this week were on their last class of their session. We did the routine a bunch of times to different music, added some sass and then learned a new move or two. My last class of the evening, didn't come :(

I'm always incredibly sad when students don't show up. The classes are max 6 people, so there is a high chance there will be less than that at any given time, but no one? I never know if it's me, or if it's the class itself or if they all just had something else to do. Either way, I try not to take it personally, but it's hard not to. It wasn't their last class either, which makes me even more confused. We still hadn't finished the entire routine yet, so there was more for them to learn.

As instructors of any fitness or education classes, how do you feel when your students don't show up?

Other things happening in the world of fitness for me. I wrote my last exam to get my AFLCA fitness certification. I was very worried about the exam, but I finished it in 25 minutes (they give you 60) and think I did very well. I won't get the results for 2 weeks because they mail them out to you but at least I have a good feeling.
Now it's time to compile everything together and get certified fully!

1 comment:

  1. I finished all my AFLCA stuff too, but I haven't done anything with it. I can't believe it's already been two years!
    I usually have a good turn out for my meditation classes. Heck even right before Christmas I had 12 people! But, I had no one show in February. I just took it as a sign that it's time for me to give up my Full Moon Meditations at the clinic. Also, it was really cold. I wouldn't have come!

    c

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!