Sunday, February 27, 2011

Movie (2 of 2011): The Fighter

The FighterFrenchie and I went to this movie a few weeks ago, but I forgot to write my review. Watching parts of the Oscars last night reminded me.

The Fighter (Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, Amy Adams)
Rating: 14A

I thoroughly enjoyed The Fighter. It was a good drama and the actors was fantastic. Christian Bale was amazing in his role. I'm not a huge fan of him, but I do respect that he has skills. Mark Wahlberg played his part to a tee and he looked good as always. Amy Adams was a surprise for me. She was great!

I had a hard time not giggling through a lot of it because of the glaring 'white trash' signs the show gave. Some of the attire, completely true to the time and place made me laugh. The hair was another piece that made me jab Frenchie and giggle.

Costume and makeup asside, the story was great. I didn't know what we were expecting to see story wise, so I was surprised when the majority of the movie was about Dicky and his crack addiction. I felt that Micky's story was secondary, which was odd since that's who I thought the movie was supposed to be about. I was not disappointed in any way, and was pleased at how the two stories melded together so well.

If you haven't seen this movie, it's worth going to or renting when it's out on DVD. Since the Oscars are now over, I can say how happy I am the Christian Bale won for Best Supporting Actor. He deserved it.

1 comment:

  1. I <3 Christian Bale I've seen all his movies including Newsies. I liked the Fighter, but I wouldn't watch it again and was glad I chose to see a matinee.
    c

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!