Tuesday, March 22, 2011

12/50: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had a hard time writing this review. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was truly amazing. I had to really think about it. There is no way I can make this review worthy of the awesomeness that is Harry Potter. (I only know I wish I could go to Hogwarts) It sunk it's hooks into me and I couldn't stop reading. I am officially into Harry Potter.

I dislike the Dursley's more and more with each book. I want so badly for Harry to never have to go and live with them again. Hogwarts is the only place he's ever truly happy. He has his friends, his enemies, and most likely someone who is trying to kill him. What a life for a young wizard!
Hermoine and Ron were absolutely adorable. I can't wait to see what becomes of their friendship as they get older. There is something there and I love that they fight but never really want to hurt each other.

Sirius was an interesting character. I was a hater, but now I wish he will make appearences in the next books. He was a great character that showed such strength and love I wish this book could have ended differently. The story took a very dark turn and I think this will set up nicely for the rest of the series. I'm still convinced that Snape is a bad guy.
I gasped and was mad and was happy and was sad. This book (and I feel that the rest of the series as well) has all of this. There are twists I don't see coming that make sense once you really think about them. A "Why didn't I see that coming?" sensation always ensues.

I am still so angry with myself for never reading this series before. I've been missing out!
I need to finish this series, watch all the movies and convince Frenchie that going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is really an adult vacation. (Perhaps I'll give my neices a set of books when they're old enough and then I'll get to go??)

WBC 2011: Book with 6 or more words in the title- 10 points
Book Journey 2011: London (updated map)

View all my reviews

chicfit

8 comments:

  1. This was my favorite book in the series. They get better and better after this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be angry at yourself for not reading them until now... be thankful that your experiencing them for the very first time!

    I wish I could re-live my first HP experience.

    Glad you loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ashley - you're right. I should just enjoy them all. And I am. They are wonderful!!

    @Mrs. V - I'm looking forward to the rest. I can see why people re-read them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished this one on audio...so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed that you haven't been hit by accidental spoilers yet! Or seen the movies or... anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you've never read them before because I sit here in anticipation of your next review. Waiting for your reaction, waiting for what you'll think of so and so in the next book. Ooo...I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Didds - I'm amazed to. I typically never cared one way or the other since I had no intention of ever reading them. I saw the first 2 movies out of force from my friend.

    @Amanda - may take me a while to get through them all. I have a lot of books to read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol Harry Potter and the Outlander series were those books that I had to buy immediately when they came out regardless of how much they cost. I rarely read fiction, but those two series have me hooked. I'm anxiously waiting for the last movie. My cousins were thinking about going to the Harry Potter conference, but at the last minute decided against it. It was cool to watch them read HP, because they grew up with him. I still think some of the themes were a bit mature for 12 year olds, but I think that way about the news too :)

    c

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!