Monday, April 4, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading? (13 of 2011)



It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World of Books

This meme is a great way to start the week and add some great books to your to-read list. I love looking at what everyone is reading.
Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!!

What I Finished
Nothing over the weekend. We had some family things to attend to.
I opted to drive for most of the trip so that Frenchie could finish Wise Man's Fear before he left for his trip today. (What a nice gal eh?)


What I Am Reading
Safe by Aviva Bel'Harold
Safe: a novel
picture from Chapters.ca
From Goodreads: Fifteen year old Meriah has nothing to live for. No friends, a neglectful mother and an abusive brother. But on the night when she decides to end it all, she finds Toby in her room. Just his appearance is not enough to deter her from her plans. It is only when he tells her that he died that very night that living feels important

I let this one slide this week, but I will definitely be finishing it up for Monday.
I'm half done and it's a quick read.

Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Delirium
From Goodreads: Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.


But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love

I love this book! It is so interesting! They take all the bad parts of being in love and magnify them to turn it into some sort of disease. I'm half done and completely understand why a lot of other readers had a hard time reviewing it. I will have to digest it once I'm done.
What's Up Next
If I StayRomeo and Juliet

chicfit

3 comments:

  1. Have a fab week! See what I'm reading here and don't forget to join in Read My Review, which this week has a Favourite Authors theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Delirium last week and thought it was good, looking forward to the next book in the series. If I Stay was great, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe and Delirium are on my hit list! Awesome books!

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!