Monday, July 25, 2011

27/50: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6)Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I couldn't give this one the whole 5 stars. It was the transition book, that although completely necessary, was more like a history lesson. This isn't to knock it, because it fully redeemed itself at the end. All the history was completely necessary to set up book 7.
The history of Voldemort was very intriguing and I liked that Harry had a task to get a memory from someone to help complete the story.

I love how this book had a little more on the teenager side of things. Harry pining over a girl, Ron and Hermione having a battle without realizing it. Hilarious!

I am still in shock from the end events of this book. I have a friend who is in love with Snape and I'm still not sure what to make of that. Some pretty amazing things better happen in Book 7 for me to ever believe he is not an evil person. This is assuming of course that said friend likes Snape because he's good. I feel so much hate towards him and at the same time, pity. Immese amounts of pity.

Frenchie and I watched the movie this weekend as well. Loved it! They cut out a few sub-plot lines which now in reading Book 7 I'm wondering how it's all going to work together in the last movie without having them in movie 6.

I did not cry at the end of this movie, which was incredibly surprising to me. Frenchie was shocked and did his whole "That didn't just happen. I don't believe it. There's no way"

SuBC 2011: Read a book that has been on your To Be Read shelf for over a year; 15 points
Book Journey 2011: UK

View all my reviews

chicfit

1 comment:

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!