Tuesday, August 23, 2011

30/50: Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward

Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Lover Awakened was better than the second book, Lover Eternal. Zsadist was an interesting character. He was broken beyond repair from the abuse he suffered as a blood/sex slave. For him to change so much and become this doting lover was a complete transformation. Incredible to witness, but I feel like it was a little unnatural. I don't believe that he could go through that sort of hell and become what he did in the end. Aside from that, the book was great.

Bella seemed like a woman trying to escape her perfect aristocratic life, but after reading her story, there was no way she could ever go back to a life like that.

We got to learn a little more about each of the characters still to come.
John is taking a bigger role and I'm excited to read more on his story.
Phury I think will have a change of heart with his celebacy vow. Zsadist, his twin has found peace, and I think because of that Phury will find his own peace and grow.

I'll probably take a break from reading this series. There is such a thing as too much brain candy all at once.

View all my reviews

SuBC2011 - Read a book that is part of a series - 10 points
Book Journey 2011 - Caldwell, New York

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!