Thursday, November 3, 2011

39/50: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Lola and the Boy Next DoorLola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'll preface this review by saying that I had very high expectations of Lola. I loved Anna and the French Kiss so much that I hugged that book when I finished. After all the hype and love my friends gave Lola I was expecting the same sort of love. It wasn't there but I still really liked the book. Hard not to!

Lola is an interesting character. She's smart, funny, has two wonderful parents and has a bit of life she'd rather not talk about. She is as unique as you can get and some of the things she wears made me think she's even more awesome. Started off as a huge fan of hot rocker boyfriend with a nice muscle car until he sold it for van. Really? A van? Gross.

Cricket on the other hand... geeky? Love it. Awkward? Love it. Sweet, caring? Love it. Definitely a much better guy for Lola. He brings out the best in her and lets her fly however she wants.

This one wasn't a complicated book. There was little misunderstanding that were blown out of proportion and that's what made it great. You can see how something would be misconstrued and taken the wrong way and cause problems that you can't help but think "No! Stop being stupid! He likes you, you like him. Get on with it already!" Everything is wrapped up in a nice little bow just like Anna was and that's why it's worth the read. It's fun, it's sweet, it's easy and great brain candy.
View all my reviews

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!