Tuesday, December 6, 2011

41/50: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I snagged this one from the library after it being recommended by a fellow book nerd. I completely forgot it was catagorized as a Paranormal YA until the end. It seemed like a regular book, not paranormal, if that makes sense. Usually when I hear paranormal I think of different creatures and such. This one didn't have that, and it was refreshing.

Mara is in a new place dealing with the aftermath of her 3 friends being killed in an accident and she is completely unharmed... physically anyways. She doesn't remember a thing only that something isn't quite right. There is more to the accident than her brain is letting her remember.

Reading this book was so confusing, but in a good way. It was very well written in the sense that I was completely in Mara's head and as confused about what was going on as she was. I kept having to reread pages to see if I read them right or missed something. It was mentally exhausting and I loved it. I would be reading and everything was making perfect sense until there was an aftermath of a situation that made me think I must have missed something. At which point you accept it and move on until you get to the end and go "OOOOOHHhhhhhh I get it. Whoa. Didn't see that coming. Where is the next one?!"

Noah Shaw: Hello yummy! Wasn't quite sure what to think of him, but turned out to like him in the end. Could Mara really trust him? He's a rich playboy by reputation and that's the last thing she needs, but I think it just took the right girl.
View all my reviews

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!