Tuesday, December 13, 2011

42/50: Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward

Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I didn't like this one as much as the others. I did like V's story and learning the background of why he is the way he is. It seemed to fall a little flat on the love side of things. While the steamy scenes were in fact steamy, I didn't feel like the love between V and Jane was as stong as the other stories. It felt like Ward tried to stuff too many story lines into one book. I liked them, but it was as if there wasn't enough time spent on each one. I can see there is a set up for more stories to come and that makes me excited to know there are more books in the future. The amount of characters and endless possibilities makes me giddy.
I'll be starting Lover Enshrined soon! Ward definitely knows how to pull you into the next book right away. I am excited to read about Phury and can't wait to get to John's story.
View all my reviews
chicfit

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up! You can make 50! Why not count coffee table books? Those are often filled with knowledge you didn't know before. ;)

    GL.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!