Saturday, January 28, 2012

2/40: Lover Avenged by JR Ward

Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I have to say I did not fall in love with Rhevenge like I did the other brothers.
I think part of the problem I had with this book was that the plot about Rhev didn't do enough to warrant a full book and the sub-plots were distracting. I almost would have preferred the book be about Wrath and John and Rhev as the side story.

A lot of my friends loved this book and thought it was the best one in the series. I just couldn't get there. It took me forever to read. Far longer than the others. I guess I just didn't feel the heat and love between Rhev and Elhena like I did the rest of the characters. There was something missing.
My fear is that the remainder of this series is going downhill like the Sookie books did for me. I hope they don't because I love the rest of the characters in the book.

I was going to take a break from reading next two for a while, but I didn't have another book with me other than Lover Mine the day I finished this one. I've started it, but I think I still might put it down for a bit. Come back when I am ready to dive in.
View all my reviews

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!