Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Helping Hubby

My husband wants to get in better shape. The only effective way I've found to motivate him is to workout together. (see where this is going?) We both love it, we get to spend more time together and it's healthy!

I got a few of the Jillian Michaels DVD's: Ripped in 30, 30 Day Shred and Extreme Shed & Shred. He's looking for cardio and will add his own weight workouts in. I have trouble lifting weights (because my wrist injury will never go away), so I figure the only ones I can do with him will be the DVD's and then modify a few of those exercises. I've been feeling squishy and want to tone for bikini season, so motivating him is also a little selfish.

Here's the general plan. He just started a new job Monday so we are figuring out a new work schedule so by the end of this week we'll have a better idea of how this is all going to flow week to week.

Him:
workout 2 - 3 times a week at his work gym lifting weights.
run with Beta 2 times a week for 30 minutes
ball hockey for 2+ hours once a week
DVD 2 - 3 times a week
Her:
Tap class once a week until the end of May
DVD 2 - 3 times a week
Bosu Ball ab work 2 times a week

Along with that, meal planning is going to be a big one. We are usually pretty good at meal planning already, but we'll make a better effort to choose meals that are lower in carbs and sugar. We'll make snacks that are easily transported to work and are healthy. Fruit, guacamole, salsa, homemade muffins.

On top of that, food tracking. We've both been off and on the My Fitness Pal tracking wagon. Yesterday I tracked my meals and had no excuse but to workout last night. I was over my goal calories. I'm not looking to lose weight, just looking to add/subtract inches here or there. The scale number rarely changes for me so a better indicator is measurements.

Here are my starting measurements.
Weight: 113 lbs
Chest: 32 in
Waist: 26.5 in
Arms: 9 in (bicep)
Hips: 35 in
Thighs: 19.5 in
Calves: 12.75 in

I could use all the motivation I can get. Where is my cheer team?
chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!