Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Week 1 of Help Hubby

Last week I told you all that I was going to start working out with Frenchie in order to motivate him. I'm SO glad I did. I have felt better over the last week than I have in a while. I have that need in my bones to workout more and more. It's a great feeling.

We've been alternating between the Jillian Michaels DVD's Ripped in 30 and Extreme Shed & Shred. My favorite so far is the RI30. I've had to downgrade myself to 2lb weights. It frustrates me but I know I have to start at the bottom and gain my strength back. It will be slow going, but I need my wrist to be ok so I can function. If I could rest it the day after a workout, I'd push myself harder, but for now, this will do. Every little bit helps right?
I won't update measurements until next week. A week isn't enough to see any changes. Just the change in energy levels and brighter outlook make me happy. It doesn't hurt to have muscle soreness either. As much as that feeling is painful, it's a good pain. It means I worked my butt off and will see results in the future.

I now have a standing workout date with my sister as well for Thursday nights. Our husbands go to ball hockey, so we figure we might as well workout too.
chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!