Friday, June 1, 2012

17/40: Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)Insurgent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

***I will try and not spoil Divergent in this review, but this is a sequel, so you may find out things about the first book. ***

While I gave Divergent 5 stars, this one only got 4. Still an amazing book and impressively written.

Tris, being as brave as she was in Divergent, seemed very weak in this book. One particular event basically crippled her from doing what she had to. She cried a lot and it was irritating. I had to continually remind myself that she is only a 16 year old girl, who did not grow up in Dauntless. She grew up Abnegation and has selflessness rooted in her core.
She took a lot of risks that I think were stupid and unnecessary. They were however very calculated and made sense. I just wish she wouldn't lie about her plans so much.

The angst between Tobias and Tris irritated me as well. The secrets and lies! That is young love I suppose. Blind, stupid and can conquer nearly anything. I still love Tobias.

Even though I've negative things, the good outweighs them. The story and build up to the end was intense. I read the last 3rd in one sitting because I couldn't stop. There is a point in the book where you had better stop and save it for when you can just read the rest. You'll want to.
I wish I had waited to read these until the next one is out. I'm going to be buying the next one IMMEDIATELY when it is released.
View all my reviews

chicfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!