Friday, September 21, 2012

27/40: Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice


Interview with the VampireInterview with the Vampire by Anne Rice

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

From Goodreads: Here are the confessions of a vampire. Hypnotic, shocking, and chillingly erotic, this is a novel of mesmerizing beauty and astonishing force–a story of danger and flight, of love and loss, of suspense and resolution, and of the extraordinary power of the senses. It is a novel only Anne Rice could write.

I listened to this one on audio. I have watched the movie several times and wanted to "read" the book to see what was missed. I'm impressed with the book to movie adaptation. A lot of times the parts that make you feel for a certain character are skipped, or a secondary character isn't included at all. I felt more for Armand listening to the book than I ever did in the movie. I think now I may have to watch it again and really pay attention to his character over Claudia or Louis. 

I gave it 3 stars because I found it very long and a lot of it was very drawn out. While I loved the writing and the characters, it was just really long. That said, when I came to the conclusion of this one and the narrator said "the end", I immediately hit play on The Vampire Lestat. That in itself speaks to Anne Rice and her ability to suck a reader in and make them crave more. I've also been told by a number of readers that The Vampire Lestat is their favorite book in the series. 

View all my reviews

chicfit

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you did enjoy this. I absolutely LOVE Anne's writing. She is my favorite author. Don't give up on the series, it gets better and better with each book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started The Vampire Lestat right away. I love the writing. I'd like to know what happened to Lestat to make him the way he was.

    ReplyDelete

Everytime you comment, I do a jig!